Marketing is a huge part of the business of art; it can't be denied no matter how much you'd like to ignore it. It's as important as keeping good records, and having good materials. Here are some must dos:
1. Make sure you have filled in the SEO boxes for each page.
Your website builder will have directions on how to do this. Don’t brush it aside-it’s important! Post all the relevant hash tags you can think of at the bottom of your posts.
2. Use relevant keywords that speak to your art on each page (sparingly).
If you pepper your pages with keywords, your writing will seem stilted. Search engine crawlers only need a word or two on each page to find your site worthy of note.
3. Add a blog to your site and post at least twice a month.
If you like writing, this is a cinch. Blogs don’t have to be long; they just need to deliver interesting and pertinent information to your readers. Always include images!
4. Share, share, share on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other sites.
This is perhaps the easiest thing you can do. Add social media buttons to every page of your site as well.
5. Post short “blurbs” about you and your site on other media and include your web address link. When applicable, use hash tags.
6. Each time you post a new blog, copy and post it on another blog server, like Wordpress or Blogger. It’s free!
7. Make sure you have an RSS feed link on your blog. This will make it easier for people to find.
8. Create a page for your website on Pinterest and add all your paintings to it. You can add links to your blog as well. If your handy on Photoshop or Zoner, you can create beautiful little memes that link to your site.
9. Increase your friend list on other sites any way you can; as those grow, so will your traffic if your site is linked to them.
10. Send out monthly newsletters with your newest work, and be sure to mention your blog and add a link. It’s easy to create newsletters in Word or Publisher.
There! No excuses…get to work and watch those numbers climb!
#art #artcall #artcompetitions #artcontest #arte #artfair #artgallery #artinfo #artist #artnews #artshow #artwork #creative #drawing #drawings #fineart #myart #onlineart #onlineartgallery #onlineartsales #paint #painting #paintings wallart