From the very best to the affordable and serviceable, here are some comparative easels for you:
Sienna Horizon Easel This easel
is counterbalanced by standard weight plates
(not included) that can be purchased at any sports equipment store. The three
versatile canvas holders can accommodate
small to large canvases.
List Price: US$ 1,495.00
Our Price: US$ 1,033.01 , save 31%
* Counterbalanced lifting and lowering of the easel carriage.
* Lift or lower with a touch of the handle.
* Two knobs lock the easel carriage in place so the easel will never move unless you want it to.
* Change from a standing to sitting work position in seconds by adjusting your painting height.
* The Sienna Studio Counterweight Easel is the perfect blend of function, style, and ease of use.
* Adjust the working height of your canvas simply by lifting or lowering the handle.
* No more loud winches, complicated cranks, or awkward height adjustment knobs.
* Three canvas holders provide maximum flexibility in holding different sized paintings.
* The top and optional lower canvas holders feature panel clips for holding thin painting panels.
* Unique clamping discs won't mar the wood surface of the easel and provide substantial clamping power.
* Center mast extends when painting extra large canvases over 48â€ tall.
* Substantial rubber bumpers elevate and grip your canvas for non slip ease of painting.
* Adjust the tilt of the easel from the front; no awkward fumbling with knobs on the rear of the easel.
* With a compact 30â€ x 30â€ footprint and only 67â€ tall, this easel is great for small as well as large studios.
* Two locking casters provide mobility when you need to move your easel.
* Four 5 pound standard weight plates counterbalance the easel.
* An additional 2 Â½ pound plate is needed when using the optional lower canvas holder.
Mabef Master Studio Easel
Mabef Master Studio Easel $1499.99
French Sketch box includes palette and case Was $390.00 Now $149.99
ArtistLoft Easel $89.99
A great workhorse and elegant design.
* Constructed of hand rubbed Elm wood.
* Designed with easy to tilt ergonomics.
* Ratcheted center column with positive locking mechanism.
* Overall size: 21.5 x 21.5 x 67 to 89" height.
* Center Mast: 54.5"H.
* Maximum canvas: 49"H.
* Upper canvas support: 4.75" W x 1.75" D.
* Lower: 19" W x 3" D.
* Angle adjustment range: Positive: 20-degrees
* Negative: 15-degrees.
Murano Studio Easel from Artist Supply Source: $118.14